CHRISTMAS AROUND TOWN 2016
SCHEDULE of EVENTS:
Three Rivers DDA is pleased to announce the lineup for this year’s Christmas Around Town, on Thanksgiving Weekend, in Downtown Three Rivers! We are happy to bring back some of your favorite events for another year, and introduce some new activities as well! Don’t miss our first-ever Breakfast with Santa fundraiser on Sunday the 27th, or our great new holiday Main Street Strolls on Fridays in December!
Friday, November 25th
- 6:00 pm – Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Mural Mall featuring caroling by the Three Rivers Aristocats, a Christmas book reading, and a hot cocoa and coffee bar provided by World Fare and Peaceful Rivers – all Sponsored by Century 21 Arrowhead Real Estate.
Saturday, November 26th – Small Business Saturday!
- 8:30 am to 3:00 pm: Holiday Open House at Ridgeway Floral
- 10:00 – 2:00 pm: United Way Cookie Walk – pick up a $10 box at the DDA/Chamber of Commerce office and fill it up by picking up an assortment of holiday cookies, available at each of our participating merchants’ shops
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and beyond: Our downtown merchants are open for holiday shopping all day long
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm: Three Rivers Artists Guild at 52 N. Main
- 12:00 pm: Santa Claus arrives by fire truck at the Riviera Theatre!
- 12:00 – 4:00 pm: Visit with Santa Claus at the Riviera Theatre, with free pictures courtesy of Walgreens – Sponsored by Martell Realty and the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation
- 12:00 – 4:00 pm: Reindeer Petting Zoo at the East Walk Through – Sponsored by the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation
- 12:00 – 5:00 pm: New Hope Holiday Center at 38 N. Main, featuring Gift Wrapping Station (free wrapping of items purchased from our downtown merchants!) and free toys to children under 5 years of age; also featuring Santa’s Workshop with make and take crafts for kits – Hosted by New Hope Assembly of God, and sponsored by the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation and Horizon Bank.
- 12:00 – 5:00 pm: Downtown Carriage Rides – Sponsored by Southern Michigan Bank & Trust and Kadant Johnson
- Our museums, St. Joseph Historical Society and the Silliman House, will be open during much of the event.
Sunday, November 27th
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Breakfast with Santa at the Three Rivers Community Center – featuring a pancake breakfast with full toppings bar and hot and cold beverages, as well as kids’ craft activities. Best of all, it’s a chance to spend some time getting to know and visit with Santa Claus up close and personally, along with other kids characters: Mickey and Minnie, Elsa, Olaf, and others. Breakfast is $9.95 for adults, $8.95 for children; paid reservations can be made by cash, check, or credit card at City Hall – just print the page at this link (breakfast-flyer-1-sided) for a refrigerator flyer and a reservation form cutout. With sponsorship by the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation.
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and beyond: Our downtown merchants are open for holiday shopping all day long!
- 12:00 to 4:00 pm: Holiday Open House at Ridgeway Floral
- 12:00 to 4:00 pm: Three Rivers Artists Guild at 52 N. Main
- 1:00 to 4:00 pm: New Hope Holiday Center at 38 N. Main, featuring Gift Wrapping Station (free wrapping of items purchased from our downtown merchants!) and free toys to children under 5 years of age – Hosted by New Hope Assembly of God.
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: Character Stroll – Come down, stroll, shop our stores for bargains, and visit – and if you do, you never know what kids and holiday characters you might meet!
MAIN STREET STROLLS:
Our downtown merchants are hosting a series of Friday night Main Street strolls in Downtown Three Rivers – perfect for part of a date night, Christmas and holiday shopping, or just getting out of the house and enjoying our beautiful, historic downtown! Each evening will feature themed activities, the New Hope Holiday Center at 38 N. Main will be open and providing free gift wrapping, hot beverages, and other services, and the merchants will offer free refreshments, snacks, and store specials in keeping with each of these fun, exciting themes:
December 2: Twelve Cocktails of Christmas Stroll
- Our participating merchants will feature an assortment of holiday cocktails for our 21-and-over participants. Come on down, sample each one, enjoy the other refreshments, and see the great items and experiences our downtown merchants have available for you!
December 9: Ugly Sweaters and Beer Stroll
- It’s a Christmas Block Party where you can come and show off–or shop for–the worst and best in holiday fashions! Once again, our merchants will feature samples of local and regional brews, snacks, and store specials, but best of all, you can don your ugliest holiday sweater – it’s your best chance to wear it proudly while walking the streets – we promise not to judge!
December 16: Couples Carriage and Wine Stroll
- We’re bringing back the horse and carriage, and for $10 a person, you can enjoy a romantic, evening ride through our historic Main Street district! Merchants will feature wines that you can sample with other refreshments and store specials, and for every $20 you spend with our downtown merchants, we’ll take $1 off the cost of a carriage ride! Make it a casual date night with a to-go BBQ buffet dinner available for purchase at 52 N. Main (limited seating available there), or dine sit-down at one of greater Three Rivers’ down-home restaurants – then, come enjoy our holiday ambiance, and get some holiday shopping done!
December 23: Last-Minute Scavenger Hunt Stroll
- If you are a last-minute kind of shopper, looking for last-minute deals, or just like a fun, lighthearted challenge, come downtown for our last minute scavenger hunt! We’ll have scavenger hunt activities, store specials, and more! Leads into the evening holiday film showing at the Riviera. Stay tuned to our website and the Christmas Around Town Facebook page for details!
For information on any of our 2016 holiday events, call the Three Rivers DDA at (269) 535-5145, or send an email to us at email@example.com.