DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
CITY OF THREE RIVERS, MICHIGAN
NOTICE OF BUDGET HEARING
Notice is hereby given that the Downtown Development Authority of the City of Three Rivers will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2017/2018 budget of said Downtown Development Authority at the Three Rivers Area Chamber of Commerce/Downtown Development Authority conference room, 57 North Main Street, on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. and that a copy of said budget is available for inspection at City Hall, 333 West Michigan Avenue.
Any interested person may attend and participate or submit written comments to the City Clerk at the address above.
American with Disabilities (ADA) Notice:
The City will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services to individuals with disabilities at the meeting/hearing upon seven (7) day notice to the City of Three Rivers. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Three Rivers at the above address.
The property tax millage rate proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget will be a subject of this hearing, including a possible adjustment of the Tax Increment Finance capture to the full legal allotment of two mills.
Melissa Bliss, City Clerk
David Vago, Executive Director
Three Rivers Downtown Development Authority
DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
OF THE CITY OF THREE RIVERS, MICHIGAN
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING:
The Downtown Development Authority of the City of Three Rivers will conduct a Special Meeting of the Board of Directors on Friday, March 24, 2017, at 3:15 pm at the Three Rivers Chamber of Commerce conference room, 57 North Main Street, in Three Rivers. The purpose will be to discuss preparations for a budget hearing for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 for said Downtown Development Authority, to take place at a subsequent date.
Any interested person may attend and participate or submit written comments to the address above.
American with Disabilities (ADA) Notice: The City will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services to individuals with disabilities at the meeting/hearing upon one (1) day notice to the City of Three Rivers. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the DDA at 57 North Main St., Three Rivers, MI 49093, (269) 535-5145, or email email@example.com.
Downtown Development Authority
CHRISTMAS AROUND TOWN 2016
SCHEDULE of EVENTS:
Three Rivers DDA is pleased to announce the lineup for this year’s Christmas Around Town, on Thanksgiving Weekend, in Downtown Three Rivers! We are happy to bring back some of your favorite events for another year, and introduce some new activities as well! Don’t miss our first-ever Breakfast with Santa fundraiser on Sunday the 27th, or our great new holiday Main Street Strolls on Fridays in December!
Friday, November 25th
- 6:00 pm – Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Mural Mall featuring caroling by the Three Rivers Aristocats, a Christmas book reading, and a hot cocoa and coffee bar provided by World Fare and Peaceful Rivers – all Sponsored by Century 21 Arrowhead Real Estate.
Saturday, November 26th – Small Business Saturday!
- 8:30 am to 3:00 pm: Holiday Open House at Ridgeway Floral
- 10:00 – 2:00 pm: United Way Cookie Walk – pick up a $10 box at the DDA/Chamber of Commerce office and fill it up by picking up an assortment of holiday cookies, available at each of our participating merchants’ shops
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and beyond: Our downtown merchants are open for holiday shopping all day long
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm: Three Rivers Artists Guild at 52 N. Main
- 12:00 pm: Santa Claus arrives by fire truck at the Riviera Theatre!
- 12:00 – 4:00 pm: Visit with Santa Claus at the Riviera Theatre, with free pictures courtesy of Walgreens – Sponsored by Martell Realty and the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation
- 12:00 – 4:00 pm: Reindeer Petting Zoo at the East Walk Through – Sponsored by the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation
- 12:00 – 5:00 pm: New Hope Holiday Center at 38 N. Main, featuring Gift Wrapping Station (free wrapping of items purchased from our downtown merchants!) and free toys to children under 5 years of age; also featuring Santa’s Workshop with make and take crafts for kits – Hosted by New Hope Assembly of God, and sponsored by the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation and Horizon Bank.
- 12:00 – 5:00 pm: Downtown Carriage Rides – Sponsored by Southern Michigan Bank & Trust and Kadant Johnson
- Our museums, St. Joseph Historical Society and the Silliman House, will be open during much of the event.
Sunday, November 27th
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Breakfast with Santa at the Three Rivers Community Center – featuring a pancake breakfast with full toppings bar and hot and cold beverages, as well as kids’ craft activities. Best of all, it’s a chance to spend some time getting to know and visit with Santa Claus up close and personally, along with other kids characters: Mickey and Minnie, Elsa, Olaf, and others. Breakfast is $9.95 for adults, $8.95 for children; paid reservations can be made by cash, check, or credit card at City Hall – just print the page at this link (breakfast-flyer-1-sided) for a refrigerator flyer and a reservation form cutout. With sponsorship by the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation.
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and beyond: Our downtown merchants are open for holiday shopping all day long!
- 12:00 to 4:00 pm: Holiday Open House at Ridgeway Floral
- 12:00 to 4:00 pm: Three Rivers Artists Guild at 52 N. Main
- 1:00 to 4:00 pm: New Hope Holiday Center at 38 N. Main, featuring Gift Wrapping Station (free wrapping of items purchased from our downtown merchants!) and free toys to children under 5 years of age – Hosted by New Hope Assembly of God.
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: Character Stroll – Come down, stroll, shop our stores for bargains, and visit – and if you do, you never know what kids and holiday characters you might meet!
MAIN STREET STROLLS:
Our downtown merchants are hosting a series of Friday night Main Street strolls in Downtown Three Rivers – perfect for part of a date night, Christmas and holiday shopping, or just getting out of the house and enjoying our beautiful, historic downtown! Each evening will feature themed activities, the New Hope Holiday Center at 38 N. Main will be open and providing free gift wrapping, hot beverages, and other services, and the merchants will offer free refreshments, snacks, and store specials in keeping with each of these fun, exciting themes:
December 2: Twelve Cocktails of Christmas Stroll
- Our participating merchants will feature an assortment of holiday cocktails for our 21-and-over participants. Come on down, sample each one, enjoy the other refreshments, and see the great items and experiences our downtown merchants have available for you!
December 9: Ugly Sweaters and Beer Stroll
- It’s a Christmas Block Party where you can come and show off–or shop for–the worst and best in holiday fashions! Once again, our merchants will feature samples of local and regional brews, snacks, and store specials, but best of all, you can don your ugliest holiday sweater – it’s your best chance to wear it proudly while walking the streets – we promise not to judge!
December 16: Couples Carriage and Wine Stroll
- We’re bringing back the horse and carriage, and for $10 a person, you can enjoy a romantic, evening ride through our historic Main Street district! Merchants will feature wines that you can sample with other refreshments and store specials, and for every $20 you spend with our downtown merchants, we’ll take $1 off the cost of a carriage ride! Make it a casual date night with a to-go BBQ buffet dinner available for purchase at 52 N. Main (limited seating available there), or dine sit-down at one of greater Three Rivers’ down-home restaurants – then, come enjoy our holiday ambiance, and get some holiday shopping done!
December 23: Last-Minute Scavenger Hunt Stroll
- If you are a last-minute kind of shopper, looking for last-minute deals, or just like a fun, lighthearted challenge, come downtown for our last minute scavenger hunt! We’ll have scavenger hunt activities, store specials, and more! Leads into the evening holiday film showing at the Riviera. Stay tuned to our website and the Christmas Around Town Facebook page for details!
For information on any of our 2016 holiday events, call the Three Rivers DDA at (269) 535-5145, or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Tuesday, October 4, 2016, Three Rivers DDA/Main Street staff, board, committee chairs, and volunteers will take turns meeting with the staff of Michigan Main Street and the National Main Street Center for our Annual Accreditation visit. If you’d like to participate in getting or giving feedback on the program, or if you’d just like to get caught up on the latest news in Three Rivers’ downtown growth, including some of the exciting new businesses we have coming on the horizon, the public portion of the meeting will take place from 12:30 to 2:00 pm at Three Rivers City Hall. We hope to see you there!
As always, let us know if you have any questions by emailing us at email@example.com.
2016 HarmonyFest! Coming up fast this Labor Day weekend…
Join us and all of your friends and family in downtown Three Rivers for this exciting, free concert, now in its 23rd year!
We can still use volunteers to help us out with the beer garden, merchandise and information table, and other areas, so drop us a line if you can help out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See https://www.facebook.com/HarmonyFest for the latest information!
More about the event:
HarmonyFest is set to take place from 1pm to 10:30pm in the first block of North Main Street. Our fantastic lineup features the following bands:
- Asamu Johnson & the Associates of the Blues
- The Crane Wives
- Los Bandits de Michigan
- Jake Kershaw Band
- Jimmy Phillips & the Mortals 2
- Yolonda Lavender
- New Jerusalem
- Kareem Coleman
Businesses and individuals from around the community have stepped forward to help sponsor this event, free to the public, and we are happy to announce that the Fetzer Institute and the Three Rivers Area Community Foundation have allocated $3,000 and $4,000 each toward sponsorship of the event.
As with last year’s event, there will be a beer garden, kid’s zone, and food and crafts vendors, and more! New this year will be an information table staffed by the Three Rivers Police and Fire departments; be sure to stop by and say hello to our public servants.
Bring your lawn chair and join us on Main Street this Labor Day Sunday!
Wed., July 13: Paint the Curb
The curbs in downtown Three Rivers are showing signs of their usual wear and tear, and the City has asked the DDA/Main Street and its Design Committee to step up and help beautify them. Come down and join us in the afternoon and evening with your work clothes on, and help put on fresh coats of yellow and blue! We’ll gather afterward for food and drink. Stay tuned for additional details, including exact meeting times and locations, and if you’re interested in participating, feel free to let us know any time!
Fri., July 15: Sass in the City
The popular, annual Sass in the City event — a ladies night out on Main Street — takes place on the third Friday in July this year. Ladies of all ages are welcome at this free event, where participants can look forward to shopping for deals and bargains at their favorite downtown businesses. As always, there will be live music, goodies, and giveaways. This annual event is organized and sponsored by the Three Rivers Merchant Group. Watch the event’s Facebook page for updates:
Come on down to the Water Festival this weekend in Three Rivers!
As you enjoy the festivities and partake in a little bit of our local heritage, be sure to look for and stop by the DDA/Main Street booth. You’ll be able to meet our new Executive Director, Dave Vago, and learn about his local family ties, and you will also be able to talk to other representatives of the DDA and Three Rivers HarmonyFest – they can provide you the latest details on what to expect for this year’s upcoming event.
Sign up at our table to earn free giveaways and become informed on the latest happenings in downtown. We’ll be there all day on Friday and Saturday. We look forward to seeing you there!